Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Consumer to Creation

It's been bothering me for some time now that I've been pretty much exclusively a consumer in life, having contributed little to my community or society as a whole.  I think of all the authors, games, movies, and music that I love, and have realized that I would like to contribute something back.

So far, I have attempted to write and rewrite the same novel for nearly ten years now, and although progress has been slow, I think I've improved somewhat, but what I really need to do is sit down and develop a strict regimen.  Distractions are always too tempting, or it's too easy to feel discouraged from pushing ahead.  I have to set those doubts aside, pick up the metaphorical pen, and write, draw, and imagine again.

To anyone reading this post; most likely my wife and no one else, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment